Veterinary CE Conference - An Overview of Aquatic Animal Medicine29 November 2012
GRENADA - School of Veterinary Medicine, St. George's University, West Indies is to host the 1st Annual Veterinary Continuing Education Conference from February 16 - 20, 2013, with the theme of "An Overview of Aquatic Animal Medicine for the Veterinary Practitioner."
This event will be held at the St. George's University's newly established Aquatic Animal Medicine Laboratory.
Topics, speakers and other activities include:
- Vectors & Victims, Zoonoses & Aquatic Marine Animals (Dr D. Stone)
- Tour of Aquatic Lab (Dr H. Ferguson)
- Global Aquaculture of Fish (Dr H. Ferguson)
- Emerging Diseases of Fish (Dr H. Ferguson)
- Unique Features of Fish Biology (Dr T. Eurell)
- Disease Investigation of Shellfish (Dr G. Johnson)
- Anesthesia Laboratory (Drs H. Ferguson, T. Eurell, M. Rush, Ross Peterson, G. Johnson, M Haulena)
- Coral Reef Research (Dr T. Eurell)
- Emerging Diseases of Reptiles and Amphibians (Dr M. Rush)
- Lower Vertebrate Hematology Laboratory (Drs. H. Ferguson, T. Eurell, G. Johnson & M. Rush)
- Overview of the Fauna of the Grand Etang Forest (Dr M. Rush)
- Fish As Pets– A Veterinary Role (Dr G. Johnson)
- Veterinary Involvement in Public Aquaria (Dr M Haulena)
- Marine Mammals (Dr M. Haulena)
- Incorporating Aquatics Into Clinical Practice (Dr R. Peterson)
- Fish As Laboratory Animals (Dr G. Johnson)
- Zoonotic Diseases (Dr D. Stone)
- Scuba diving/snorkeling/boat tour/open (on three days)
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) has approved this conference and participants will receive an approved certificate of attendance, and RACE-approved CE credits.
For more information, contact Jessieanne Fullerton at email@example.com or +1 (473) 439-2000, Ext. 3859.
TheFishSite News Desk