- news, features, articles and disease information for the fish industry


Myanmar Teams Up with Singapore for Disease Resistant Prawns

18 September 2013

MYANMAR - The Myanmar fisheries department is to work with the Singaporean Gold Coin Company to breed seawater prawns (Vennami)that are more disease resistant.

The Gold Coin Company will breed the baby prawns, providing related breeding aids such as medicine, food, and various techniques. The company will give the prawns to Fisheries Department as a product share, reports Eleven.

“The company will have to gain 60 per cent profit and the department will get the remaining 40 per cent,” said Tun Win, Deputy-Director General of Myanmar Fisheries Department.

At present, Myanmar has three prawn breeding zones in Yangon Region.

TheFishSite News Desk

Our Sponsors


Sustainable Aquaculture Modular Courses AVAILABLE NOW - University of St Andrews

Seasonal Picks

Know Your Freshwater Fishes - 5m

Aquacullture Webinars from TheFishSite - Sign Up Now