Executive Director of BC Salmon Farmers Association Steps Down08 November 2013
CANADA - Mary Ellen Walling stated that she will be ending her role as the Executive Director of the BC Salmon Farmers Association.
Since joining the association in 2002, Ms Walling said that there has been a lot of positive change for the membership. Here are a few highlights of that period:
- Increased transparency of information releases,
- Development of a viral management plan,
- Transition through a shift in the regulatory framework from one level of government to another,
- Additional consolidation in the industry,
- Increased focus on developing partnerships with First Nations,
- Our first major campaign involving television advertising along with other medium,
- Active participation with a strong voice in the Special Committee for Sustainable Aquaculture hearings and the Cohen Commission.
"As Executive Director, one of the personal highlights that I am proud of is the development of certification programs and subsequent adoption of these," said Ms Walling.
"This year the BCSFA Board has approved a five year strategic plan. It will position the industry well for the future and makes an excellent timing for the end of my term.
"In my near future, there are new opportunities which will once again provide the kind of challenge that I enjoy.
"I wish everyone the very best, it has been a pleasure to serve you as the Association’s lead," she concluded.
TheFishSite News Desk