IRELAND - Apply to partake in the Irish Sea Fishery Board (BIM's) trials aimed at reducing fish discards and exploring options in relation to the new obligations under the newly reformed Common Fisheries Policy (CAP).
A key element of the CAP is the progressive elimination of discards in all EU fisheries through the introduction of a landings obligations. This will be phased in fishery by fishery starting with pelagic stocks on 1 January 2015 and followed by defined demersal stocks on 1 January 2016.
Who should apply?
Fishing vessel owners interested in working on the following trials:
Fishing gear/Chandlery suppliers
- will be required to provide costs for various items of chandlery and fishing gear
How to apply
1. Download the relevant form:
- 2014 BIM Fishing Vessel Owners Application Form (pdf 135Kb)
- 2014 BIM Fishing Gear and Chandlery Suppliers Form (pdf 92Kb)
2. Return the completed application to Fleet Development Section, BIM, Crofton Road, Dun Laoghaire by Wednesday 12 March 2014
TheFishSite News Desk