IRELAND - Apply to partake in BIM's trials commencing June 2014 aimed at reducing discards, assessing selectivity of different gears and exploring options in relation to our obligations under the newly reformed Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).
Trials will include but are not limited to:
- Nephrops selectivity in twin and quad-rig gears
- Fish selectivity using square mesh panels and different cod-end mesh sizes in mixed species demersal trawl fisheries.
BIM will appoint a panel(s) of suitably qualified vessels to assist in this work on full charter basis:
- As specific gear trials arise, a mini competition primarily based on price, will subsequently be run between successful applicants
- Commencing in June 2014, the duration of the panel(s) will be a maximum of three years
- Applicants will be required to provide information on their vessels and meet minimum criteria in relation to their suitability to participate in gear trials.
- 23 May 2014 at 12:00 noon: Deadline for receipt of application for trials during summer 2014
- This is an open procedure so an application can be submitted at any time during the lifetime of this tender process.
How to apply
- Download the BIM Fishing Vessel Panel 2014 Application Form (eTender) (doc 242Kb)
- For further information call 01 2144148, fax to 01 230 0564, email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your local BIM officers.
TheFishSite News Desk