MSD Animal Health Holds High Quality Tilapia Congress in Brazil25 November 2014
BRAZIL - MSD Animal Health (known as Merck Animal Health in the United States and Canada) will hold a High Quality Tilapia Congress in São José do Rio Preto in Brazil, on November 25-27. The Congress will be attended by nearly 75 key opinion leaders and customers in the Latin American tilapia industry.
“Production and consumption of tilapia continues to grow at a fast pace,” said Rodrigo Zanolo, aquaculture marketing manager, MSD Animal Health.
“We are pleased to offer services and programmes such as the High Quality Tilapia Congress, which help support producers as they meet growing global demand for safe and sustainable fish protein.”
The Congress will consist of three principal sessions: “Industry & Environment” and “Production” on November 26, followed by “Market” on November 27.
Sessions will focus on timely topics related to tilapia production including the impact of climate change, the strategic importance of organized associations of fish farmers, good management practices, and the specifications and requirements that retailers are driving towards.
Presentations from academic experts, industry leaders and MSD Animal Health representatives will be featured, including:
Session 1 – Industry & Environment – November 26
- Rui Nobrega – Business Unit Director, Aquaculture and Swine, MSD Animal Health
- Fábio Betti Rodrigues Salgado – Partner, Corall
- Dr Wilson Flavio Feltrim Roseghini – Assistant Professor, Federal University of Paraná; Financial Director, Brazilian Climatology Association; Editor, Revista Brasileira de Climatologia (Brazilian Climatology Magazine)
- Felipe Sandoval Precht – President of SalmonChile, the Chile Salmon Industry Association
Session 2 – Production – November 26
- Luis Caro Lagos – General Manager, ORZA
- Felipe Manterola Gana – General Manager, SalmonChile, the Chile Salmon Industry Association
- Rodrigo Zanolo – Aquaculture Marketing Manager, MSD Animal Health
- Dr Fernando Kubitza – Consultant, Acqua Imagem
Session 3 – Market – November 27
- Adriano Romero – Founder, Agroinova
- Oscar Parra Ponce – Business Unit Manager Aqua Latin America, MSD Animal Health
- Meg Caetano Fellipe – Manager, Grupo Pão de Açúcar (GPA)
For more information about MSD Animal Health’s aquaculture business, visit http://aqua.merck-animal-health.com.
|TheFishSite News Desk||More Merck Aquaculture News|