NORWAY - Norwegian fish oil company Nordic Naturals has been recognised with certification from Friend of the Sea (FOS), the international reference standard for producers of omega-3 fish oil.
Nordic Naturals sources all of its fish from waters that are certified sustainable by FOS, and all omega-3 products are now FOS certified as well, a reflection of the company’s long-standing commitment to sustainability.
This important certification verifies that Nordic Naturals complies with rigorous standards that ensure long-term, sustainable fish oil manufacturing.
These criteria include:
- Products are from fish stocks that are not overexploited;
- Fishing practices prevent bycatch of endangered species;
- Fishing practices reduce ecosystem impact;
- Manufacturing reflects energy efficiencies;
- Company practices include high standards for social accountability.
According to Joar Opheim, Founder and CEO of Nordic Naturals: “Since our founding, we have been committed to the health of the oceans. Environmental stewardship is a core value for Nordic Naturals.
"Friend of the Sea certification is important for the environment, our company, and the confidence of our customers.”
TheFishSite News Desk