NORWAY - LeanLogistics, global provider of transportation management systems, will be running a half day and evening event specifically for the aquaculture industry. The event will be held in the luxurious five star The Thief Hotel in Oslo, Norway on 12 May 2016.
Norway is the world’s second largest seafood exporter and the equivalent of 37 million seafood meals produced by Norway is consumed worldwide each day.
In 2015, Norway exported NOK 74.5 billion (€7.86 billion) worth of seafood – 8 per cent more than in 2014. 67 per cent of exports go to the EU.
However, the unpredictability of harvesting live fish puts great pressure on the supply chain. Knowing customer demand but not completely knowing supply volume creates uncertainty as to whether the demand can be satisfied. This also means that transportation volumes are not readily known. This, together with short lead times to reach customers sites, can result in the shipper either having a surplus or shortage of transportation capacity which then leads to increased costs as the real capacity is determined.
LeanLogistics has helped companies save between 5 per cent and 15 per cent of their transportation spend by using LeanLogistics Transportation Management Software (LeanTMS). Marine Harvest, a keynote speaker, has been a LeanLogistics customer since 2013 and has already saved up to 5 per cent in transportation costs.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how to reduce transportation spend, increase visibility across the supply chain and control freight spend via automated self-invoicing using LeanLogistics’ Transportation Management System software (LeanTMS).
Attendees will also:
- Learn how LeanLogistics helped Marine Harvest improve their supply chain
- Hear about Norwegian transportation challenges from the Institute of Transport Logistics
- Discover more about the Norwegian seafood industry from Sjomat Norge – the Norwegian Seafood Federation
- Learn about recent trends and market developments from DNB Markets
- Have the opportunity to network with peers in the aquaculture industry in a relaxed environment
- Enjoy a lovely dinner in a luxurious, relaxed atmosphere - on LeanLogistics!
- Presentations will also be given by LeanLogistics senior management describing the features and benefits of the European LeanTMS solution and future product plans.
More information: http://info.leanlogistics.com/aquacultureevent.html
To register for the event https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/aquacultureregistration
TheFishSite News Desk