AQUAFLOR® 50% PREMIX
Overview of AQUAFLOR® 50% Premix*
[AVAILABLE IN EUROPE, LATIN AMERICA, ASIA PACIFIC]
AQUAFLOR is also marketed as AQUAFEN®, FLOROCOL® and NUFLOR® in some markets. Check with your Merck/MSD Animal Health representative regarding the products and indications available for your area.
AQUAFLOR® 50% Premix is a synthetic, broad-spectrum, bactericidal antibiotic indicated for the treatment of diseases of fish caused by bacteria susceptible to florfenicol.
AQUAFLOR inhibits bacterial protein synthesis, and is active against a number of bacterial pathogens in fish includingAeromonas salmonicida, Vibrio salmonicida,Vibrio anguillarum, Yersinia ruckeri, Edwardsiella ictaluri, Edwardsiella tarda, Streptococcusspp.,Flavobacterium columnare, Flavobacterium psychrophilum, Renibacterium salmoninarum, Piscirickettsia salmonis and Photobacterium damselae subsp.piscicida.
- Can be fed from fingerlings to food fish
- May be used in sinking or floating feeds
- Stable under high-temperature extrusion processes
- Short withdrawal time
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic with unique molecular structure
- Proprietary formulation developed specifically for aquaculture
- Keeps fish healthy, so they stay on feed for optimum survival, growth and returns
- Reduces mortality so you can produce more fish
- Studies show that fish readily consume feed with Aquaflor — palatability comparable to unmedicated feed
- Minimize wasted feed, maximize antibiotic uptake
- Uniform granulation for optimum distribution in feed and more accurate dosage delivery
- No adverse effects on fish behavior or performance, even when tested at 5X and 10X dose rates
- Developed specifically for fish and food-animal species — not used in human medicine
- Friendly to environment — no significant risk to aquatic ecosystems
*Aquafen 2.5% Premix is available in Japan for the treatment of diseases of fish caused by bacteria susceptible to florfenicol.