Overview of SLICE*
For the treatment and prevention at group level of infestations of all parasitic stages of sea lice (Lepeophtheirus sp. and Caligus sp.) on Atlantic salmon (salmo salar) ranging in size from smolts in freshwater (just prior to transfer to seawater) to market weight fish in seawater.
- High level efficacy effective against all parasitic stages of sea lice (motile and non-motile).
- Sustained duration of activity – kills all stages of sea lice including gravid adult females for up to 10 weeks.
- Effective in both freshwater and seawater, at a wide range of temperatures.
- Convenient – oral in-feed formulation for ease of administration.
- Well tolerated by fish in freshwater and saltwater.
- Eliminates treatment related stress of bath treatments.
- Cost-effective even in market-weight salmon.
- Minimal environmental effects.
- Highly palatable.
- High level efficacy: SLICE kills all parasitic stages (motile and non-motile) of sea lice.
- Duration of efficacy: SLICE kills all stages of sea lice including gravid adult females for up to 10 weeks.
- Effective under a wide range of environmental conditions, i.e. both freshwater and seawater.
- Well tolerated: SLICE was well tolerated at more than 3x the dose rate with no mortality or significant reduction in feeding associated with treatment.
- Well tolerated when administered to smolts prior to transfer to sea.
This website contains information on veterinary pharmaceutical and biological products based on international registration dossiers. The site may refer to products that are either not available in your country or are marketed under a different tradename. In addition, the safety and efficacy data and the withholding periods for a specific product may be different depending on local regulations. Please consult your veterinarian for further information.