Flavobacterium columnare Vaccine, avirulent live culture
- High level of protection —Significantly protects catfish fry vaccinated 7 days post-hatch and older against F. columnare challenge1
- Safe —Use with confidence in early-life stage fry for early protection
- Easy to use —Compatible with modern hatchery-management practices; may be added to transport tanks before stocking fry
- Measurable results — Trials show fish vaccinated with AQUAVAC-COL have a 72% better survivability rate than non-vaccinates following columnaris challenge2
- Exclusive protection — First and only modified-live vaccine licensed by USDA against columnaris disease in catfish and largemouth bass.2
1Data on file, Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health
2USDA/ARS Aquatic Animal Health Research Laboratory, Auburn, AL
AQUAVAC-COL contains an avirulent strain for Flavobacterium columnare. The product has been shown to provide significant protection from disease and mortality when vaccinated catfish are challenged with common virulent or wild-type islolates of F. columnare.1 Use as part of a comprehensive fish health management program.
This website contains information on veterinary pharmaceutical and biological products based on international registration dossiers. The site may refer to products that are either not available in your country or are marketed under a different tradename. In addition, the safety and efficacy data and the withholding periods for a specific product may be different depending on local regulations. Please consult your veterinarian for further information.