TheFishSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the fish industry

Go Back   TheFishSite Discussion Forum > Employment/Jobs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread June 14th, 2011, 19:18

Default looking for work

Hello all, i am new to this forum, but i must say it looks good. I am hear because i am looking for employment some where new in the world or the uk.I have been in aquaculture all my life starting at the botton of a uk trout farm and working up to hatchery manager at one of the largest in england. I am looking for a new position as i would like to gain experience and work with a new species or i would be happy to work with trout again but in a different location at work, if anyone has any information or ideas please feel free to mail me, you will find bellow a quick summary of my cv.

best regards paul

Personal Profile
A reliable, flexible, mature, hard working and innovative team player, with an outgoing personality combined with the necessary ability, drive, enthusiasm and determination to succeed in whatever I take on. A definite achiever who relates well to people on all levels.
I have also travelled extensively in the tropics for long periods and am able to work effectively under tropical conditions this experience has also made me culturally adaptable and have made lots of friends from different ethnic backgrounds around the world

Trafalgar Fisheries Hatcheries Manager
Trafalgar is one of the largest fish farms in England, the hatchery site I was in charge of comprised of the following 40 hoppers, 20 troughs, 58 tanks, 35 raceways and 20 ponds all fed from either river or pumped bore hole water and spread over 3 sites.I also managed there grow on site comprised of 14 concrete ponds and large concrete pond maze consisting of a number of sections fed both by river and a recirculated air lift system. At the week ends in the addition to the above I would be in charge of the care and feeding of an additional 120 earth ponds from the on growing and finishing site.
My main Responsibility’s while working for Trafalgar was the over seeing and management of the hatchery operations what consists of 4 farms around downton which made up the hatchery producing up to 9 million rainbow and brown trout fry per year including 500000 triploids and 10000 1500 gram re-stocking fish, I also ran there on-growing farm at andwell producing up to 1 million 25-500 gram fish per year. I also produced around 500000 organic brown and rainbow trout. The main parts of this role apart from the daily running and maintenance was planning grading and rotation, feeding regimes and disease prevention and cure as well as keeping up to date health and stock records while working with in cost centres and budgets using varies computer programs. I participated in ordits from a variety of bodies such as the soil association (organic farming) and efisis. I was also on 24 hour call.

2003-2007 Donnington trout farm Assistant Manager
My activities and responsibilities here was the day to day running and Maintenance of the farm which produced around 18 tonnes of rainbow and brown trout per year mainly for the farmers markets, onsite farm shop and smokery. A small amount also went for restocking to local lakes and also to the fishery on site, part of my job was also to over see the fishery ensuring visitors were well informed on the lake gave basic lessons on fishing and made sure it was well stocked at all times.

2000-2002 Glasshouses Trout Farm Farm Hand
General trout farming duties