TheFishSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the fish industry

Go Back   TheFishSite Discussion Forum > Employment/Jobs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread October 20th, 2011, 05:51

Default Searching for new experience in coastal community fisheries / aquaculture position

My name is Terry Warren. I have twenty years post M.Sc. experience in Mekong Basin fisheries research, conservation, protection and development in the countries of the Lower Mekong Basin. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Summary Initial Environmental Examination (SIEE) with respect to fisheries and aquatic ecology on Mekong mainstream and tributary infrastructure projects (hydropower and irrigation). Fish migration pattern research in the Mekong mainstream and in tributaries and Mekong fish taxonomic studies. Community fisheries protection, conservation and development at the village level. Large river fisheries survey work and research. Over twenty years post B.Sc. experience of appropriate small-scale community aquaculture development in all types of inland systems in SE Asia including earth ponds, cement tanks and net cage culture in rivers and reservoirs. Breeding and raising fish for aquaculture in different systems. Nineteen years intermittent experience in training and teaching. Aquatic ecology and wetland ecosystem functioning, protection and conservation.

I have an M.Sc. degree in aquaculture, and a B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in Biological Sciences with specialization in marine and fish biology.

I am very keen to gain some real ground experience in coastal fisheries / aquaculture. I would consider a position anywhere world wide, but south / central America, the African or Australian Continents would be my preferences.

I am interested in all types of aquaculture, and not just limited to fin-fish culture operations.

My most recent basic CV is attached to this thread.

Kind regards

Terry Warren

Last edited by Mystus : October 21st, 2011 at 10:03.
Unread November 26th, 2011, 17:02

Default Suggestion

Hi Terry, I came across your profile by accident -- I was searching for an electrician of the same name -- however I stopped on your profile because aquaculture is an area of interest to me. I tried to send you a message via LinkedIn however your profile seemed closed to accepting messages or connection invitations? If you're seeking employment you might want to revisit those account settings? I receive job leads through my LinkedIn Profile fairly frequently.

Cheers,
Paul Siebeneicher
Engineer & Part Owner, The GBS Group (http://www.thegbsgroup.us)
Unread January 6th, 2012, 20:29

Default Response

Hi Terry,

I came across your post after some searching. Years ago you worked with Mark Hill (Lead Scientist at Ecosystem Sciences) on fisheries and river ecology studies for the Mekong. Mark was trying to contact you on potential renewed efforts and studies by our foundation in the region. If you are available to discuss further please contact myself (zthorne@ecosystemsciences.com) or Mark Hill (mhill@ecosystemsciences.com).

Best
Zachary Hill