TheFishSite Recipe SectionServes 6
- 15g/1/2oz/1 tbsp butter
- 15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 2 rashers (strips) rindless back (lean) bacon, chopped
- 115g/4oz cooked peeled prawns (shrimp)
- 115g/4oz trout fillet, skinned
- 150ml/1/4 pint/2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Warm country bread, to serve
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy frying pan and fry the leek gently for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring from time to time.
- Add the bacon to the pan and fry until it is just beginning to turn colour, stirring all the time. Add the prawns, increase the heat and stir-fry the mixture for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the trout fillet into bitesize pieces and stir into the bacon and prawn mixture. Season with a little salt, if required, and plenty of pepper. Divide the mixture among six ramekins.
- Pre-heat the over to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5. In a jug (pitcher) beat the sour cream and egg with a fork. Season lightly. Pour one-sixth of the mixture into each ramekin and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake the pots in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven with chunks of warm, crusty bread, if you like.