TheFishSite Recipe Section
Trout Baked in Cream
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 whole rainbow trout, about 550 g (l¼lb), fresh or frozen
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
600 ml (1 pt) whipping cream
2 tbsp fine dry breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 200C (400F/Gas 6) Wash trout and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Brush inside and out with lemon juice and sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper.
- Arrange trout in a lightly buttered ovenproof dish and pour cream over. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Cook for about 20 mins or until trout is tender and flakes easily. If you use frozen trout, it is not necessary to thaw them but, cooked from frozen, they will take 7-10 mins longer.
- To bone baked trout, slip a knife along length of bone and slide fillet off. Lift backbone off other side of trout.