TheFishSite Recipe Section
Christmas Salmon with Cilantro Pesto
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 kg (2 lb) salmon fillet or 4 portions
1 garlic clove
1 handful corriander leaves
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2-3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the pesto in a food processor or blender.
- Process the garlic, cilantro, oil, and lime juice until creamy.
- Season to taste.
- Spray baking pan with oil and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Spread the pesto on the salmon
- Cover with the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes.